Welcome to the life of an alto player in a treble/bass world!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Life the Last Month or So - Part 2

So as I'm sitting here now watching Raiders of the Lost Ark, (See what happens when you watch one, then you want to watch another:) I will continue my crazy long post from yesterday.

So. September 28- Finished up the almost last minute packing, and then got ready for over-nighter guests! The day before we moved :-). Thank you to the B family for extra linens! A family from our parent-church in CA were in the process of moving to Tucson, so we had told them many weeks before that they could stay at our house that night on the way to Tucson. So we had all three upstairs bedrooms, which were just about empty, covered with several air mattresses, as they have 7 great kids.

They got to our nearly empty house at about 7pm, we had a Costco take-n-bake pizza,(YUM!) salad, and those yummy tropical sherbet thingies in the 'real fruit shells,' picnic on the floor, and the adults were able to snag a couch or futon:) Their oldest is 11, and youngest 7weeks, so it was a lot of fun having younger kiddos in our house! We all went to bed and my sister and I slept downstairs in our living room on the futon. I slept really well considering I was excited about moving and sleeping in a different place.

The next morning we all got up, ate some bagels and cream cheese, grapes and strawberries for breakfast. While Mr. H loaded up their van, I took most of the children to the park for a few minutes, hoping to get some of their energy out before another several hour day on the road. Meanwhile Tata, (my step dad) and my brothers went to the new place to put in wood flooring in the master bedroom with hopes of being done by noon. then we were to get the truck, pick up a two pairs of biceps, and move in the afternoon.

After the H. family left, us girls got to work packing up the very last minute stuff, tearing down beds, throwing dirty linens in bags, moving more things downstairs, and condensing lots of little things into more and more boxes. Because we didn't have nearly enough, we went to Wal-Mart to get more, yes more, packing tape, and kept ourselves busy. Tata called around noon, and said that they were only about 1/2 done. So. What do we do now? We decided to head down to the condo with a load of stuff, and unpack it, and my sister and I could work on unpacking our room. So we headed down to the condo, me with fish bowl in my lap, and stopped at a QT to get Tata and one of his friends a soda.

While we were unpacking in our (the girls') room, the Mrs. B., D1 and D2 came by so we chatted and chatted some more for an hour or so. The floor was finished about 4:30ish, so Tata and the B boys went and got the truck, we loaded up the fridge that was at our condo, and then the truck headed up to Anthem. Mom went home in our van, and Mrs. B, my sister, and I got in the B's van and headed up to Anthem, Mr. B would meet us there, because it was now about 6ish and he was finished at work. Mrs. B and us girls stopped at the Del Taco right near our Anthem house, and went in. We happily noticed that there was pretty much no one there.

"Hello ladies, what can I get for you today?" She's probably thinking were going to order 5 things.

"Uh, well, we'd like 45 soft chicken tacos, and..."
"Wait just a second, I'm going to go let them know to get those started."
"Sure..."
"Hey guys, I need 45 chicken soft tacos!"
We didn't fail to notice the one chef guy, "I hope we have enough chicken." Heehee:)
"Okay what else can I get for you?"
"Okay, 5 macho fries, and 5 extra large drinks." (we shared)

We went to get our drinks while we waited for our 1 million tacos (seriously, why do guys have to eat so much? Oh, maybe it's cause they're guys.) and I called Tata to ask him what he and the bicep pairs wanted to drink.

"Hey, can you ask D1 and D2 what they want to drink?"
"Sure, they're playing at the park, on the slides I'll go down and ask them."

You'll know I was already very tired, and it was only 6:30pm, because I took him seriously.

"Why are they at the park when there's a whole truck to load?"

"I'm just joking, we're not even at the house yet..."

I will stop for the night, yeah, again, and continue this Lauren's Moving Saga tomorrow:-)
Lauren~

1 comment:

  1. Two pair of biceps!!! Can't wait to hear the rest! Love and miss you....Mrs.B and K

    ReplyDelete