Welcome to the life of an alto player in a treble/bass world!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

July/August Harris Family Trip Pictures The Part 2...


Hey There!  Hope everyone's doing well.  I thought I'd continue with this post I started last week...

Moving along!

We went to Hershey, PA and stopped at Hershey World for an hour or two.  They had a ride/tour showing you how they make Hershey chocolate, which was very interesting, and their candy store/gift shop was huge.  I spent way too much money on candy lol.  

This is one of the chocolate pictures, it's pretty blurry because the mixers were fast and you weren't allowed to use a flash inside the tour.

Hershey bar molds!

The Wrapper:)

Chocolate syrup.

Kisses!
We also did some factory work: Hershey Kiss packaging.

Lydia with World's Largest Hershey Bar.  I think it was like 50 bucks.  We didn't get one, although we got a ton of other stuff!
Jo enjoyed the trip:)  She got a stuffed Reese's thing, she named it "Chocolate."
The next day we went to Gettysburg, which was very fascinating.  This was a panorama painting we saw.


Civil War rifles.

Marching instruments. 

General Robert E. Lee's bed in his tent before the battle.
General Lee's Monument.
We climbed up this tower to see a great 360 view of Gettysburg.
Jo-Jo climbed all the way up herself, she also took a long nap that afternoon:)


The highlighted man in the photograph is Abraham Lincoln.

Gettysburg cemetery.
We spent the next 2 days in Washington D.C. That was probably my favorite part of the trip.  The first day we went into the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.  The pictures above is the Spirit of St. Louis.

And Orville and Wilbur Wright's second plane.

Amelia Earhart's flying coat and goggles.
The J. Edgar Hoover F.B.I. building.  I couldn't help not singing the Jessica Andrews, Who I Am song as we walked by.
Okay that's all for today:-)  Maybe I'll post some more later or tomorrow.
Ta-ta for now!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment